How we can help with your Self Assessment Tax Return

The more complex your earning are, the more challenging it will be to complete a tax return and HMRC’s systems aren’t always the most user friendly.

A personal income tax self-assessment is mandatory if you’re a sole trader, in a business partnership or have untaxed income.

We can take away the worry about completing your tax return by preparing it accurately and professionally and then submitting it to HMRC for you.

  1. We will send you a check list to help you gather all the information needed.
  2. We will complete your self assessment  tax return, check it and calculate the refund or tax due.
  3. We will electronically file it directly with HMRC

The most common reasons that a tax return may be required are as follows:

  • You are self employed or a partner in a partnership
  • You are a company director
  • You have large amounts of savings or investment income
  • You have untaxed savings or investment income
  • You own land or property that is being let (buy to let, furnished holiday let)
  • Your household receives Child Benefit and you have income in excess of £50,000
  • You have income from overseas
  • You have sold or given an asset away (such as a buy to let, holiday home or some shares)
  • You’ve lived or worked abroad or aren’t domiciled in the UK
Even if you can get through to them the staff at HM Revenue & Customs are not tasked to advise you on how to organise your affairs and minimise your tax. Therefore, if you want to make sure you are paying the right amount of tax, you should consult a professional.